Top 3 Disadvantages of an MBA Degree

Many scholars speak out on the benefits of graduate studies and the importance of gaining a Master of Business Administration degree. Conversely, there are also those who speak out against the concept of higher education. This can sometimes leave students in a quandary about which steps they should take towards their professional career. An undergraduate degree is certainly not without its worth, but with the number of undergraduate students at the highest it’s ever been, a Bachelor’s degree isn’t nearly as useful as it was years ago when there were far fewer students working towards achieving it. Thousands of undergraduate students have ceased their higher education after earning their Bachelor’s degree and gone on the lead highly successful careers in the world of business. Therefore, achieving an online MBA degree isn’t seen as quite the achievement as it once was. Here are a few thoughts to keep in mind if the student is deciding against further educational study.

Online MBA Degrees Offer No Guarantees

A Master of Business Administration degree comes with no assurance of future employment in the business world. Most of the time, pursuing higher education will have a promising result. However, that is not always the case. The UK has conducted studies which have shown that only 74% of college students have found employment within three years of graduation. That leaves a staggering 26% that have failed in this regard, and will probably never recoup the investment they put into their education.

An Online MBA Degree Constantly Evolves

Business education molds to social and economic climates on a year by year basis. Furthermore, the teaching a student receives in one year may be outdated by the very next year. This is why a business graduate should seek to find relevant employment immediately upon graduation. The need for higher education has grown in the business community, and a student can continually update their education through refresher courses.

Online MBA Courses Carry Additional Costs

A course in business studies can be a costly endeavor to take on. Part of the reason is related to the incidental expenses, such as the need to buy the necessary reading materials. Master of Business Administration courses can also require a student to partake in an internship program during their studies. An internship can occasionally occur in a remote location, far from where they are studying. This could create accommodation and travel expenses, which are far beyond the student’s current means.

Speak Your Mind

*